Oh Vegas! You fill my belly with such joy! I eat my little heart out and there’s always more out there to try! What can a girl do? Keep eating? Perhaps.
- La Cave at the Wynn Las Vegas. I went with some of my girlfriends to brunch a while back at La Cave, it’s a beautiful place with a balcony overlooking the outdoor grounds at Wynn Las Vegas. The concept is very interesting because you don’t quite order from a menu. Waiters come around with trays of food and you can take a dish if you like or pass if you don’t. Most of the dishes come in tiny cast iron pots and pans, so adorable! And the food was delicious! Pictured here are the Eggs Benedict, the Tater Tots, Pancakes, and Heirloom Tomato Salad. There was so much more, but the hunger was more powerful than the need for picture taking, you’ll just have to take my word for it, delicious!
- Glutton. For some time now, I’d been wanting to try this restaurant. I’d heard great things! And a friend of mine pretty much guaranteed they have the best burger in town! I had to see for myself. Luckily, she joined me on this delicious date! It did not disappoint! The burger is juicy and soft, with all the usual flavors of a classic burger! Excuse me while I wipe the delicious juice running down the sides of my mouth! Located in Downtown Las Vegas, and I can safely say this is one of the better options out there. I vouch!
- Japañeiro Asian Fusion. This restaurant was recommended by the Chef at Guy Savoy, so I had to try! Pictured below are the Rock Shrimp, the Bone Marrow, the Lamb Chops, the Scallops, and the Fried Rice. The Bone Marrow was perfectly buttery and full of flavor! The Rock Shrimp were tangy and delicious as well! I have to say that the rice was a bit underwhelming. But frankly, I’m more about the meat and the fish anyways, and I can say that I’ll definitely be coming back for more!
When it comes to food in Vegas, you’ve got your vacation planning cut out for you with these tasty recommendations!
You know a place is good when you can’t stop reading about it in your Facebook feed! Well, at least that’s been my experience. And PublicUs is a winner in my book.
It’s a cute place in Downtown Las Vegas, on the corner of Maryland and Freemont. It doesn’t have a huge sign to announce it’s presence, but if you find it, you may want to stop by!
They have an assortment of pastries that look mouth-watering good! Except, I haven’t tried them so don’t take my imaginary word for it (haha!). What I have tried are the savory items on the menu, and I like!
Pictured Above (starting from top left):
- Shishito peppers. Delicious! Served with green onions, and a delicious Sambal Gastrique! That red glaze made it so tasty! We asked the server what the sauce contained but no luck, it’s a delicious mystery!
- The Cu-Ban-Mi Sandwich. I really liked this sandwich! It had pickled veggies, which made it crispy and tasty all at the same time. It comes with a side of green salad and some potato chips.
- The Fried Chicken. I was a bit hesitant about this one because I don’t usually do chicken, and I am not into kimchi (sorry!). But man the chicken was perfectly crisp on the outside and perfectly juicy and tender on the inside. I mixed the egg with the rice and included a piece of chicken in every mouthful, a delight! This was recommended by a staff member, and I am glad he did!
- The Crispy Pork Belly Sandwich. This one was a bit of a disappointment. If you know me, you know I like my pork belly, but here I wasn’t very interested. It might’ve been the sweet potato? I couldn’t tell you.
At PublicUs, they have an eclectic beer selection. I’m going to say that sour beer is not for me, but I’m glad I tried it. Then there was the green tea with citrus, a blend of lime, green tea, and orange juice. It was tasty, and very different. It was still not a sweet drink, despite the juices, so I liked it.
And then they have this insane coffee machine that looks like a classic car. You know, the ones you see riding down the road, with black and platinum colors, and it probably cost a pretty penny. I had to try whatever concoction came out of that thing! What I thought was odd was that they sweeten the coffee for you. It was sweet enough for my taste, but I still found it weird. The coffee was good, and I loved the little cookies it came with. Nice touch!
I like this place! Have you been? Let me know what else is good!